Our Client is seeking a Director of Program Management, to lead cross-functional teams accountable for the development strategy and seamless execution of innovative oncology drug candidates, with focus on regulatory applications.
This position requires the ability to:
• Lead cross-functional teams to develop, drive, adapt integrated product plans for
various innovative oncology programs.
• Own and drive cross-functional team performance to deliver agreed corporate goals
for the assigned project(s).
• Work closely to influence, advise and coordinate operational efforts across all key
functional areas to ensure alignment to plans and seamless execution.
• Drive issue identification and resolution, risk management and contingency planning.
• Advance functional and organizational excellence through creative thinking and
consistent willingness to stretch beyond normal operations.
• Advanced degree in pharmaceutical science, medicine, or another scientific discipline related to drug development is required with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical industry drug development.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams in global product development, including regulatory filings (INDs, BLAs/NDAs, sBLAs/sNDAs).
• Experience in oncology drug development is required.
• Strong leadership and communication skills (including presentation skills) with success
in influencing all levels cross-functionally.
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the integration of strategy into the development plan(s) and will provide operational leadership by working with cross functional teams.
Additionally, the PM will monitor and control the execution of the plans while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans. The PM will support the planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting of activities and milestones of the drug development programs. S/he will also provide scenario planning to support robust decision making through in-depth analysis of program activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree or PhD preferred)
- Pharmaceutical industry experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary biopharmaceutical drug development (research, pre-clinical, clinical, commercial)
- Risk, budget, and resource management expertise
- Knowledge of MS-Office applications required (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) is responsible for scouting and evaluating in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities and will be the lead in the negotiation of business deals and contracts with potential partners. The CBO will be a major contributor in the strategic development and shaping the company’s success and he/she will work closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors to drive all business aspects to further the evolution of the company. Specifically, the CBO will be responsible for all operational aspects of the company, including corporate and business development activities, strategic planning, budget development and control, commercial input into clinical development, as well as support investor relationships and fundraising.
This position requires the ability to:
- Manage the search process in the identification of new business opportunities (i.e. in-license, out-license, acquisitions, research collaborations, or other new product opportunities).
- Negotiate licensing, product acquisition and partnership agreements.
- Following a successful transaction, ensure effective transition management, including deployment of appropriate internal resources and engagement of external resources as required.
- Guide the analyses of pre-commercial and commercial opportunities (including asset modeling and detailed revenue projections) related to corporate/business development initiatives.
- Drive all business development activities and due diligence which includes valuation modeling, partner outreach, and managing technical and business due diligence processes.
- Specific responsibility for managing all aspects of the ongoing partnering discussion and creating momentum for possible transactions
- Organize and participate in fund raising activities and the development of external presentations.
- Lead the development of deal structure and negotiations with partners and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences or scientific field. Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in life sciences highly desirable
- 15+ years of business/corporate development experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Strong business and financial acumen, and experience with various deal structures (e.g. licensing, joint ventures, partnerships, M&A, etc.)
- Strong market knowledge and network of relationships (people, companies, institutions, consultants).
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to interface with all levels of management and across multiple cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, advanced project management competencies, and track record of successful deal negotiations.
- Results oriented, pragmatic, with ability to operate strategically and tactically (hands-on).
- Ability to assess short- and long-term market potential.
- Proven capability to generate high standard written reports and communications to boards.
The Principal Scientist will be an integral part of a collaborative and dynamic team responsible for advancing the Company’s discovery research and preclinical projects into the clinic. This position will play a leading role in the company’s research and development activities in the area of tumor immunology, including discovery, validation of therapeutic cancer targets using cell-based assays and preclinical cancer models, and translating discovery to the clinic
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and completes discovery and development activities of novel RNAi therapeutics in the field of immuno-oncology.
- Establishes and manages external collaborations, with both corporate and academic partners, on preclinical activities to advance R&D programs.
- Develops and presents testable hypotheses for novel RNAi targets to team members based on systematic analysis of data from preclinical and clinical studies, literature, team input and/or key opinion leader input.
- Investigates, designs, develops, performs and trains staff in new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Analyzes and interprets internal and external scientific data. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Ensures that all preclinical studies are performed in a quality, timely and scientific manner, and are appropriately documented.
- Oversees the conception, development and completion of projects. Uses project management and budget management skills for prioritizing tasks and maintaining effective time management and productivity while managing multiple projects.
- Continuously expands expert knowledge of scientific principles, concepts and advancements in the scientific field. Present findings to interdisciplinary teams internally and externally.
- Creates formal networks with external experts and key opinion leaders. Gives formal presentations both internally and externally.
- Exhibits leadership qualities to lead, mentor and motivate a small team of professionals, and to promote Company goals and values by demonstrating leadership by example.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to successfully plan, manage and execute projects on time, with allocated resources and budget.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to be hands on.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to details.
- Demonstrated creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to effectively collaborate as part of cross-functional matrix teams and with research partners.
- Excellent professional interpersonal skills, particularly oral and written communication skills and be able to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Proven track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated by publications in peer reviewed journals.
THESE ARE ONLY OUR FEATURED CAREERS
CONTACT ASHTON TWEED FOR MORE OPEN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Phone: (610) 725-0290
Fax: (610) 975-0291
Ashton Tweed, Ltd.
314 S. Henderson Rd.
King of Prussia, PA 19406